I. Brief Introduction to the school
Sino-French School of Art and Design Management, Central Academy of Fine Arts (hereinafter referred to as "Sino-French School") is a Sino-foreign cooperative education institution approved by the Ministry of Education to recruit students. The Sino-French School is the only cultural and educational cooperation project witnessed by the prime ministers of the two countries at the Great Hall of the People on the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between China and France in 2015. It is a future-oriented innovative school based on Sino-French cooperation. The school will establish a world-class teaching system and talent training system in related fields such as art management, museum management, design management, creative industry management, fashion management, art and high-end brand management through cross-field cooperation in art, design and business. It will also provide creative intellectual support for China's economic and social development, cultural and artistic development. The Sino-French School will be built into a world-leading school of art and design management through the interdisciplinary cooperation between the Central Academy of Fine Arts and Sorbonne University, KEDGE Business School, France.
Approved by the Ministry of Education, the Sino-French School is located in the new area of Lingang Free Trade Zone, Shanghai, covering an area of 263 mu with a school building area of 40,000 square meters. Lying in the second ring zone of the main city of Lingang and next to Dishui Lake, the campus enjoys an extremely beautiful natural environment. The main teaching building of the first phase consists of five connected buildings with an area of nearly 15,000 square meters. It is a comprehensive building integrating teaching, art gallery, exhibition, and art library. The second phase of the project is under construction.
In 2021, the Sino-French School will recruit students from all over the country, with both liberal arts and sciences. Candidates are welcome to apply.
II. Academic system, degree and training method
1. The length of schooling of Sino-French School is four years, and the curriculum is a Sino-French double degree program. After completing all courses and passing the grades, students can obtain an undergraduate diploma from a French partner school at the end of the third year. At the end of the fourth academic year, those passing the grades will be awarded a graduation certificate from the Central Academy of Fine Arts. Students who meet the requirements for degree-granting will be awarded a bachelor degree certificate from the Central Academy of Fine Arts and one from a French partner school.
2. In the third academic year, students can apply to study at KEDGE Business School, France, and they need to have good communication skills in English and French. Students who do not apply to study in France will continue studying on the campus in Shanghai and will receive the same graduation certificate and double degree certificate as those studying in France.
3. Sino-French School will offer professional English and French language courses to help students adapt to the courses taught in English or French by schools in France.
4. The lessons will be taught in Chinese, English, and French in Sino-French School, among which Chinese courses (including public courses prescribed by the state) account for about 60%, and courses in English and French (all professional courses) account for about 40%.
5. According to the agreement of the Sino-French cooperative schools, students of Sino-French School can directly apply for Sorbonne University or KEDGE Business School in the fifth year to study the second-year courses of postgraduate in different majors after obtaining the undergraduate diploma and double degree diploma of China and France in the fourth year. English or French is required for the study, assessment, and graduation thesis writing of the second year of postgraduate (M2). After completing the postgraduate courses of the second year, passing the grades and the thesis, students can obtain a master's degree from a French partner school.
6. The students will no longer be registered students of the Central Academy of Fine Arts who have obtained the qualification of studying the second-year courses of postgraduate of the French partner school in the fifth year. They will go through the procedures for studying abroad in accordance with the relevant regulations of France and PRC.
III. Enrollment plan and tuition fees for 2021
1. In 2021, Sino-French School plans to enroll 300 students.
2. The tuition fee is 45,000 yuan per academic year.
3. After admission, students will study at the Shanghai campus in the first and second academic years. In the third year students will voluntarily choose to study at the Shanghai campus or a French partner school. If you choose to study at the Shanghai campus, the tuition fee is still 45,000 yuan per year. If you apply to study in France, the tuition fee shall be paid in accordance with the undergraduate fee standard of the French school you have applied for.
4. Students who choose to study in France in the third year will be responsible for their own procedures, travel expenses and living expenses.
5. In the fifth year, students who go to France to study for the second year of a master's degree program will pay additional tuition according to the French school's charging standards. It is a master's direct program and has nothing to do with our school's undergraduate admission fees.
IV. Main courses
The main courses of Sino-French School for four years are: English (major), French (minor), Visual basics and creative thinking, Basics of visual art , Chinese art history, Global art history, Art theory and criticism, Visual arts and culture, Art management, Fine arts museology, Art business management, Exhibition history and exhibition management, Art and design, Cultural differences and identity, The art of contemporary art planning, History and practice, The cross-cultural history of architectural heritage management in Asia and Europe, Art market, Basics of economics, Basics of political science, Fundamentals of finance, Fundamentals of strategic management, Information system, Fundamentals of marketing, Introductory theory, From art to creative industry management, Cultural industry strategic marketing & entertainment and leisure marketing, Comparative study between China and Europe, Cultural industry marketing (co-teaching ), Creativity and design thinking, Creative brand (co-teaching), Art business, Visual arts financing (co-teaching), Cultural heritage and museum marketing, Cultural heritage and museum financing (co-teaching), Design history, Contemporary design practice, Case studies, Olympics museum marketing, Team planning and implementation, Contemporary cultural policy and art law, Arts and cultural economy, Chinese and Western art concepts, Modernity in contemporary art, etc.
V. Other information
1. The school implements a scholarship system to reward students with excellent academic performance.
2. Undergraduate students enjoy medical treatment prescribed by the state during their school life.
3. Campus address: No. 1099, Huan Hun South 2nd Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai.
4. If candidates have any questions, please consult our school (TEL: 02168281500) or school admissions office (TEL: 010 - 64771056 / 64771552).
5.The right to interpret this "Introduction" belongs to Sino-French School. In case of major adjustments to the national enrollment policy, the national policy shall prevail.
6.For more information, please refer to the 2020 undergraduate admissions regulations of the Central Academy of Fine Arts.
Sino-French School of Art and Design Management, Central Academy of Fine Arts
January 4, 2021
Introduction to French partner schools of Sino-French School of Art and Design Management
Sorbonne University was formerly known as the School of Languages and Humanities of the University of Paris. Founded in the 9th century, the University of Paris (Université de Paris) is well-known as the oldest university in the world together with the University of Bologna in Italy. It is also famous as the mother of European universities. Sorbonne University is known for its literature, language and humanities, and is the largest university of literature and social sciences in France. It has many historic campus buildings. The Latin Quarter of Paris, which lies on the left bank of the river Seine, is famous all over the world for the humanistic and artistic atmosphere of Sorbonne University. In 2010, Sorbonne University ranked 13th in the world QS University rankings for Arts and Humanities, and it was the only non-English-speaking university among the top 15 universities.
Sorbonne University follows the original tradition of the University of Paris, with literature, art and social sciences as the main fields of education. Almost all disciplines in this field are involved: from ancient Greece studies and Egyptology to linguistics, philosophy, classical and modern literature, literary review, history, geography, art, information and media, and business, etc. It emphasizes the integration of basic and professional knowledge in teaching, and adds the latest concepts and technologies to traditional teaching methods to achieve the best results that meet the needs of modern society. At the same time, the university enjoys a high reputation in the field of scientific research.
KEDGE Business School
KEDGE Business School was formed by the merger of two well-known business schools in France, Bordeaux Business School (BEM, 1874) and Euromed Management (1872) in July 2013. After the merger, KEDGE Business School has become the largest business school in France and one of the top two business schools in management research. In the ranking of world-class disciplines in the Academic Ranking of World Universities in 2019, KEDGE Business School ranks second in the field of business administration and fourth in the field of management in France.
After the merger, KEDGE Business School has become the largest business school in France, and its management research is in a leading position in France and even among all business schools in the world. In the 2019 undergraduate program rankings published by Le Parisien, a well-known French newspaper, the undergraduate program of KEDGE Business School topped the list. This is the sixth consecutive year that KEDGE Business School has won this honor. KEDGE Business School is one of the few schools (less than 1%) in the world that has the three major business certifications of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA). The school is affiliated to the association of elite schools in France (Conférence des Grandes Ecoles).