Museum of CAFA 

Set up in the early 1960s, Museum of Central Academy of Fine Arts, formerly CAFA Gallery when it was located at Xiaowei Hutong in downtown Beijing''s Wangfujing Street, always focuses on the collection of artworks and has a rich collection of some 13,000 works which cover a wide variety of genres and styles, including representative works by ancient and modern Chinese masters as well as fine student works since the incorporation of the foundation of the Academy in 1950, across the categories of Chinese painting, oil painting, print, sculpture and folk art such as New Year picture, embroidery and minority ethnic costume and objects, along with Chinese relics of bronze, pottery, engravings and rubbings.

Designed by Arata Isozaki, a renowned Japanese architect, the new museum of CAFA is a building of 14,777 square meters on a land of 3,546 square meters, with four floors above ground and two floors underground. The museum will be put into use in September 2008, together with the collection warehouse, permanent and temporary exhibition halls, as well as supporting facilities including artist studios, lecture and conference rooms and cafeteria and bookstore.